STYPENDIA DLA STUDENTÓW OFEROWANE PRZEZ MYKOLAS ROMERIS UNIVERSITY
We are happy to inform that recently a Call for Lithuanian State scholarships has been announced for 2018/2019 academic year and your university‘s students are eligible to apply untill 1st of March 2018.
We kindly ask you to disseminate this possibility to your students and in such a way to facilitate students mobility under existing bilateral (cooperation or student exchange) agreements between our Universities.
The scholarship is named as "Short term (1-2 semesters) studies": http://stipendijos.lt/en/the-c
Scholarships for short-term studies in Lithuania (excluding Lithuanian studies) offered for candidates who are the students of higher education institutions of the following countries:
No of scholarships
The Eastern Partnership countries
Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia
Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Lithuania priority export market countries
Sweden, Germany, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia, Estonia, the USA, Israel
Students who apply for 1 or 2 semester studies to MRU from your University with at least B2 level of English language proficiency (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) are ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARHIPS.
I. FINANCIAL PROVISIONS of the State Scholarship
- Candidates approved for the short–term studies will receive a monthly scholarship of approx. 380 EUR. For a period of studies according to academic calendar at MRU (Autumn semester - from 27 August, 2018 till 27 January, 2019 OR Spring semester – from 28 January, 2019 till 30 June, 2019 OR for all academic year – from 27 August, 2018 till 30 June, 2019) The scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder's expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.
- Tuition fee for studies will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.
- The maximum amount of the tuition fee will be determined by the normative costs that are approved by the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Any other fees such as a student union fee, a library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
- Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
II. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to apply for State scholarship
The candidates must provide the copies of the listed documents through online application system:
1. Completed application form (through online application system);
2. The Conditional Agreement for Studies (the form must be added to the application form as an attachment using this template form - it must be completely filled in and signed by three parties: candidate, a responsible person at the sending and receiving institutions). Recommendations for filling out the Conditional Agreement;); of course, we WILL HELP your students who apply as exchange or free-mover (visiting) student to MRU to complete this conditional agreement for studies.
3. One recommendation letter filled and signed by a professor or other academic staff, tutor or employer (provided through online application system or added to the application form as an attachment using this template form).
4. Certificate of proficiency in English or Lithuanian (or another language required by the host institution). TOEFL, IELTS, CPE or other widely recognized exams of English proficiency are acceptable. If the candidate does not hold any of those certificates, then a signed letter confirming the proficiency in the language from the home university's professor of English or Lithuanian is also acceptable.
Required additional documents must be completed in English or Lithuanian language only (or with certified translations into one of these languages).
III. IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for the online application submission is 1st of March, 2018. Regarding additional documents - please add all required documents to the application form through online application system. Online application system will be closed at 11.59 p.m. Central European time (GMT+1) on the 1st March, 2018.
2nd of May, 2018 – e-mail notification will be sent regarding the results of all short-term studies in Lithuania.
Please share this information with your University students and encourage them to take part in international exchanges between your University and Mykolas Romeris University. All information about exchange studies at Mykolas Romeris University are on our web-site: http://www.mruni.eu/en/prospec
If you or your students have any questions about application procedure (for exchange studies at MRU and for a Lithuanian State scholarship), do not hesitate to contact us by e-mails: email@example.com (coordinator of incoming students) or firstname.lastname@example.org (international mobility office of MRU) .